Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Flippix on Kindle Fire
barbarapritchard
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 3:01:51 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I recently bought the app FlipPix Dragons from Amazon to play on my Kindle Fire. However,although it seems to have downloaded properly, when I try to play there are no numbers beside the game boards. Is this a problem with the program, the download or is the game not designed to run on Kindle?
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 3:28:13 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
barbarapritchard wrote:
I recently bought the app FlipPix Dragons from Amazon to play on my Kindle Fire. However,although it seems to have downloaded properly, when I try to play there are no numbers beside the game boards. Is this a problem with the program, the download or is the game not designed to run on Kindle?

Do you have an original Kindle Fire? If so, note that we have one here and I just tried it and the numbers are displayed properly. Do the numbers not show up for all sizes (i.e. 5x5, 10x10, 15x15, and 20x20), or does it work for some and not others? I don't suppose that you could take a picture of the game screen and send it to me so I can get an idea of what is going on? Please contact me at support@gabysoft.com.

You might also try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Thanks.
barbarapritchard
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 5:43:31 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Thank you for the reply. I have realised that I am an idiot ! I had been opening the square showing the tree picture. I thought that the squares with question marks would only 'unlock' once the pictured square was completed, as happens in the mosaics 'game' that I'm currently playing. (This is my 1st FlipPix). I've now done all the 5 x 5 squares and am about to repeat with th 10 x 10's.
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:12:17 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
barbarapritchard wrote:
Thank you for the reply. I have realised that I am an idiot ! I had been opening the square showing the tree picture. I thought that the squares with question marks would only 'unlock' once the pictured square was completed, as happens in the mosaics 'game' that I'm currently playing. (This is my 1st FlipPix). I've now done all the 5 x 5 squares and am about to repeat with th 10 x 10's.

Ah yes. Some of the pieces of the picture (for the jigsaw versions) do not lend themselves to creating puzzles and those are automatically 'solved' for you. Only the squares with question marks represent actual puzzles. Note, however, when we give the puzzle count for a particular version, we do not count the 'solved' squares as puzzles.
waanaurii
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:49:53 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Message was deleted by Moderator.
cankr51Np6
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2015 7:33:28 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Message was deleted by Moderator.