Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
BEST GAME EVER!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Morkani
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 1:25:14 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I've been searching, and searching, and searching... Ever since i've gotten my ipod touch a year ago, i've probably spent over $100 on game apps that didn't satisfy my RPG hunger. You guys REALLY put a lot of effort, thought, and i'm sure, work into this. I love the random character generation as well as the random gains from leveling up. it's a game i can't put down. i was only looking for a game i could play at work (at a call center between calls) but since i found this game yesterday, i can't put it down, even at the expense of my usual computer games, (league of legends). i like it so much that i'm taking the time to write this from my ipod and i HATE texting :) lol.

a couple of things...
1. when i get an iphone i don't want to loose my toons...maybe you could put up a pay service to upload your toons?, like the saves, but on your server instead of our device, it would also protect vs theft or destruction of our devices.

2. i know it's been mentioned, but the ability to sell stuff you aren't using.

3. I'd pay for expansions (like places other than dungeons, more races, clases, monsters, loot) maybe even a pirate theme out on the ocean.

4. any plans for a retirement for your favorite characters to the good life?

5. i like to play at work but the RTS combat makes that difficult if my caller demands my full attention, any possibility of a turn based combat option?

6. i'm so impressed with what you've done here i'm looking for more ways to spend money with ya'll, i've already baught all levels even though i haven't yet gotten past lvl 1.

7. could we get some ultra rare items as drops?

8. how long has this game been out for the ipod?

9. i'd like some ingame way to figure out what certain things do for you, like a priests gem, or a conjuror's gem, i haven't used the other gems but since they have a spell name i assume they a one cast spell, but an explination of what they do, either in the help literature, or some way to "identify" the item (btw, if you worried about too much money ingame, that's an EXCELLENT gold sink, "identify") it also leads to what addicts me & others to games like this, the "gambling" aspect.

10. i know this request is incredibly ambitious, but ya'll seem like the bunch who might be up to the task. i'd be so excited to see another deminsion to the characters......casters having a "chance" to know certain spells in each level as they are created as well as when they level, AND, some way to use your "trash" loot as components for the magic users to "create" their own spells, with an incredibly rare chance of success but the resulting spell would be worth it. also, for the melee classes, special "moves" like the double blow and death strike, but they get a CHANCE in school to learn skills like that, same with when they level, they get a CHANCE for it. instead of automatically getting them, possibly a poison option for theives.

11.could rangers get a ranged option ie:bow & arrows?

12. when i heard about the aging problem with all races aside from the elves, i chose to roll ALL elves, as the game progresses & more content is introduced, any chance we could drop the inn time down to days?, seeing as there's no level cap. my elves are already around 70 and 80 years old, with my casters only being lvl 4 or 5, i'm sure if they were human they'd be knocking on deaths door.

13. also, when updates come down for the app, it's not going to be erasing our current toons will it?, (i'm afraid to do updates)

i guess that's all for now
keep up the great work, i hope you're making money hand over fist. you deserve it!
Morkani
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 1:48:26 PM

Medals:

one other request i forgot about, could we get a "rest till healed" button at the inn?, so i don't have to keep tapping :)

thanks
John Gaby
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 2:39:37 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for the comments. Remember, if you like the game, it is important that you rate the game from within iTunes (and possibly write a review if you feel so inclined).

Morkani wrote:

1. when i get an iphone i don't want to loose my toons...maybe you could put up a pay service to upload your toons?, like the saves, but on your server instead of our device, it would also protect vs theft or destruction of our devices.

I believe iTunes backs up your data, so you can restore it on another device ( It is not just Oubliette that has data that people want to transfer). However, if you are going from an iPod to and iPhone, I think you will have some trouble. However, I recall reading a post somewhere where someone had a workaround for that problem. Do a google search, and see what you come up with.

Morkani wrote:

2. i know it's been mentioned, but the ability to sell stuff you aren't using.

Yes, that seems to be a popular idea, so we are going to have to give it some serious thought. As it stands now, money is tight only at the beginning of the game, and then becomes useless later on. I would like to see a solution which solves both of those issues.

Morkani wrote:

3. I'd pay for expansions (like places other than dungeons, more races, clases, monsters, loot) maybe even a pirate theme out on the ocean.

Yes we see possibilities there as well

Morkani wrote:

4. any plans for a retirement for your favorite characters to the good life?

I am not sure what you mean here. Could you explain?

Morkani wrote:

5. i like to play at work but the RTS combat makes that difficult if my caller demands my full attention, any possibility of a turn based combat option?

You do realize that if you touch a monster to display his information that the game pauses?

Morkani wrote:

6. i'm so impressed with what you've done here i'm looking for more ways to spend money with ya'll, i've already baught all levels even though i haven't yet gotten past lvl 1.

We are open to the idea of selling other things.

Morkani wrote:

7. could we get some ultra rare items as drops?

There are some pretty nice items much deeper down. Also, the way the encounters work, you have a chance of getting monsters and treasures up to 2 levels deeper than you are currently on.

Also, each level has a 'Special Room' which is randomly placed which will always generate and encounter 2 levels deeper than the level you are on. We are considering adding some 'Heirloom' items that could be found only in the Special Rooms. There would be a set of items for each level and would be special in some way. You would only be able to have 1 Heirloom item for each level at a time.

Morkani wrote:

8. how long has this game been out for the ipod?

It has only been available for about a week.

Morkani wrote:

9. i'd like some ingame way to figure out what certain things do for you, like a priests gem, or a conjuror's gem, i haven't used the other gems but since they have a spell name i assume they a one cast spell, but an explination of what they do, either in the help literature, or some way to "identify" the item (btw, if you worried about too much money ingame, that's an EXCELLENT gold sink, "identify") it also leads to what addicts me & others to games like this, the "gambling" aspect.

You can get some information by inspecting the item. Go to the transfer page and there is an 'Info' button on each item which will tell you more information about that item.

Morkani wrote:

10. i know this request is incredibly ambitious, but ya'll seem like the bunch who might be up to the task. i'd be so excited to see another deminsion to the characters......casters having a "chance" to know certain spells in each level as they are created as well as when they level, AND, some way to use your "trash" loot as components for the magic users to "create" their own spells, with an incredibly rare chance of success but the resulting spell would be worth it. also, for the melee classes, special "moves" like the double blow and death strike, but they get a CHANCE in school to learn skills like that, same with when they level, they get a CHANCE for it. instead of automatically getting them, possibly a poison option for theives.

Those are some interesting ideas

Morkani wrote:

11.could rangers get a ranged option ie:bow & arrows?

We have thought about adding ranged attacks. Of course, if we did that, some monsters would get them as well.

Morkani wrote:

12. when i heard about the aging problem with all races aside from the elves, i chose to roll ALL elves, as the game progresses & more content is introduced, any chance we could drop the inn time down to days?, seeing as there's no level cap. my elves are already around 70 and 80 years old, with my casters only being lvl 4 or 5, i'm sure if they were human they'd be knocking on deaths door.

That is indeed an option (except for Rangers which must be Human). Elves make levels much more slowly than other classes, however.

Morkani wrote:

13. also, when updates come down for the app, it's not going to be erasing our current toons will it?, (i'm afraid to do updates)

No, you should be fine. Also remember that iTunes backs up the application data, so if you have to reset your iPod, you should still be able to restore it from iTunes. I have not actually tried this out (I think maybe I should), but I am pretty sure that is the case.
Morkani
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 3:15:05 PM

Medals:

The retirement idea would just be a novelty end game for your characters. Ie: based on any one of a number of factors such as number of lifetime kills, level achieved, attributes, similar to the hall of fame. For 1000 gold, if the toon is elegible he could retire in the lap of luxury at the "sunnyside oasis home for overachievers" or possibly teach lockpicking at the school of hard knocks.