Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Cannot purchase additional maps (iPhone)
Chilkoot
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 8:46:31 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hey guys - I cannot purchase the 2-10 map pack via my iPhone interface. The error message comes up as follows:

"This is not a Test User account. Please create a new account in the Sandbox environment. [Environment: Sandbox]"

Is there another method to purchase the lower level maps, like via iTunes directly?

Thanks!
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 9:00:08 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have seen references to this problem before with other apps. Do you have a jailbroken device?

I will research it a little, but I have a way to unlock the levels for you without a purchase required, and am willing to do that if we can find no other solution.

Here is something I found that you can try:

"Go into your device settings -> App Store -> and log out of your iTunes account. Then go back into the app and try the purchase again. "
Chilkoot
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:31:51 AM

Medals:

Ok, I have a fix for this:

The problem is caused by a program called "AppSync" common on jailbroken devices. Unfortunately, this workaround means you will lose all your characters and saves, but I'm sure there's a way to workaround that issue, too.

If you have a jailbroken iPhone with AppSync installed (under the Cydia or Rock interface), here's how to purchase additional levels and maps:

● Uninstall AppSync through the Cydia or Rock interface
    ● Uninstall Oubliette (NOTE: This will delete all your characters and saves!)
    ● Reinstall Oubliette
    ● Reinstall AppSync
    ● Spend away!

John/Jim: I suspect there's some way to fix this at the app level in a future update, as it's some variable/setting being picked up at install-time. Some other apps with in-game purchases like We Rule do not exhibit this problem, while other apps like Navigon *do* have the same issue. Sorry I don't know much more about it!

EDIT: Logging out of iTunes account did not fix the problem for me, unfortunately - it may for some, so try this first!
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:54:16 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have a post in on the Apple development forum, and perhaps a solution can be found. In the mean time, I would be happy to unlock the levels for you so you don't have to lose your game data.
Chilkoot
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 6:59:07 AM

Medals:

John Gaby wrote:
I would be happy to unlock the levels for you so you don't have to lose your game data.

No need sir, as I tried the fix on my own phone before posting. Very kind of you to offer!

I really only lost a couple of days... I've already purchased all the levels and maps and am happily skulking around level 5 now :)