Tag as favorite
Moving Paralyzed Players
Gidoza
#1 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 9:17:29 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi there,

I don’t know if this is a bug or a feature, but if it is a feature, it seems a rather odd one to me, so I wanted to enquire about it.

When a character gets paralyzed, he doesn’t move to the back of the group, but remains atm the front. This is well enough. But as far as I can tell, there is no button or option to move the character away or move other characters forward. As a result, my Hirebrand in the 3rd slot will just sit there like a doofus and watch as the paralyzed player gets pummelled. Moreover, since priests can only cast offensive spells in combat and can’t use any healing spells or restoration, I can never fix the ailment unless I happen to have the exact correct scroll equipped. If I don’t, there’s no way to reequip to other items and no way to use them. There’s also no option to “run” from combat apart from a Darkness spell, which isn’t an option if your mage is out of spell points (and then also can’t use the other gem in the pack to restore spell points etc...). I’ve been fortunate enough to not have both my front party members be paralyzed at the same time, but as far as I can tell with the current game settings, a double-paralyze virtually necessitates that both these characters have to die before anyone else can participate in combat (if you don’t have the spell points remaining to crush the opponents, exit combat, and finally use healing spells). Am I missing something, or is this system as odd as it appears to me to be?

Thanks and take care,
-Gidoza