Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Scroll of Kominasom
tg122
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 8:48:04 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I noticed the Scroll of Kominasom (Heavy Heal) gives an armor bonus of 6 just by having it equipped. Is this intentional, or a bug? The only reason I'm asking is because no other item of it's type seems to give any more than an AC bonus of 1 as far as I've seen (so far).
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 8:50:05 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
tg122 wrote:
I noticed the Scroll of Kominasom (Heavy Heal) gives an armor bonus of 6 just by having it equipped. Is this intentional, or a bug? The only reason I'm asking is because no other item of it's type seems to give any more than an AC bonus of 1 as far as I've seen (so far).

Well, that certainly sound like a bug to me! I will take a look. Thanks for the report.
LordLancelot
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 3:25:33 PM

Medals:

I also noticed 2 scroll who give 6 AC when equipped, and one misc item that give 1, they are not found easily and it was a pure joy to discover their hidden magical abilities, and I really like to have an option to have a misc slot to give some AC (more than 1).

I use the latest android version, please do not change this.
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 10:30:38 PM

Medals:

LordLancelot wrote:
I also noticed 2 scroll who give 6 AC when equipped, and one misc item that give 1, they are not found easily and it was a pure joy to discover their hidden magical abilities, and I really like to have an option to have a misc slot to give some AC (more than 1).

I use the latest android version, please do not change this.

LOL, I suppose it wouldn't kill anyone to leave it the way it is, although it provides a nice benefit to Samurai, which are already pretty powerful.
tg122
#5 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 3:35:31 PM

Medals:

I had found a few Scrolls of Kominasom once I started to reach dungeon level 5 I believe, and after exploiting it for a few days, I started to realize that the game was getting too easy in my opinion, to the point where I felt that I didn't earn all that ill gotten progress. I had Priests that had an AC of -9 and I was putting them on the front lines to level quicker (they performed very well as their AC was far superior to any of my Fighters/Paladins). Also, I gave one to a Dwarven Sage with a high strength and a high constitition and I was starting to use him as a fighter too in order to gain levels quicker. My Ranger became a tank and I no longer had to worry about him dying.

6 AC priest scrolls seem to negate the tradeoff of picking characters with high AC vs characters with low AC. If Rangers/Sages/Priests/Samurai, etc can all get a free 6 AC, then what's the point of limiting their armor usage if they can just pick up an extra 6 AC that the Fighters/Paladins can't get.
John Gaby
#6 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 4:52:33 PM

Medals:

tg122 wrote:
I had found a few Scrolls of Kominasom once I started to reach dungeon level 5 I believe, and after exploiting it for a few days, I started to realize that the game was getting too easy in my opinion, to the point where I felt that I didn't earn all that ill gotten progress. I had Priests that had an AC of -9 and I was putting them on the front lines to level quicker (they performed very well as their AC was far superior to any of my Fighters/Paladins). Also, I gave one to a Dwarven Sage with a high strength and a high constitition and I was starting to use him as a fighter too in order to gain levels quicker. My Ranger became a tank and I no longer had to worry about him dying.

6 AC priest scrolls seem to negate the tradeoff of picking characters with high AC vs characters with low AC. If Rangers/Sages/Priests/Samurai, etc can all get a free 6 AC, then what's the point of limiting their armor usage if they can just pick up an extra 6 AC that the Fighters/Paladins can't get.

You have a valid point, what do others think. Should I fix this?
LordLancelot
#7 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 8:15:04 PM

Medals:

Well the best 2 class are by far Samurai / Ranger.

6Ac does not change much of the class balance in anyway. Since the real threat is enemy spell caster, and when you put a non Samurai in slot 1-2 it for them to be hit more to have chance to level up, they will also hit the enemy but it take less time to have them get a beating.

if you want 6ac for a paladin than the Scroll of Kominatok
(Paladin,Priest,Ranger,Sage,Samurai) is the one you want.

Now could we get a new misc item for the Fighter, or other basic class sure.
New item to get are always cool, and make something to hunt for.

I think tone up (the lesser class) is better than town down, so adding a few perk to Paladin or Ninja could be good to make them more a late game option.

The game is currently you run a party of basic class, until you get some gold and worthy item than you start building your real party of Samurai / Ranger. Using your first party to raise the lv up to your new party members to about lv 5 until their good to go on their own.

Now if we could get more choice of advance class I am all for it, make the Paladin and Ninja to be a good choice has the Ranger / Samurai.

Paladin could use their healing once per combat instead of once per rest and or they could get a high resistance vs enemy spell (like30% + their level with a max of 75%), and Ninja could *waste* a turn to hide in shadow, to be able to attack with a melee weapon even from slot 3-10 (for one turn) and they could get their insta kill chance to be same has samurai(the ninja should be immune to enemy spell the turn he is hiding in shadow). Samurai will still be best in melee slot 1-2 due to natural raising AC.

An Halberd could allow the basic fighter (perhaps Paladin too) to be able to attack from slot 3, instead of just 1-2.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halberd
John Gaby
#8 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 8:21:14 PM

Medals:

I kind of like the idea of beefing up the Paladin. Right now they are pretty worthless. Allowing them to attack from the third position is interesting. Of course, if they could attack from that position, then they would be able to BE attacked also.
LordLancelot
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:03:14 AM

Medals:

I understand the play balance urge to make the monster able to hit back the 3rd spot using melee weapon, if a Paladin (perhaps the fighter too) can attack from 3rd slot using long range melee weapon type (Pole arm) like an Halberd. To make ALL the monster be able to strike back is not the best idea, but having some (like 15%) of them also carrying and using Pole arm vs the player slot 3. And giant monster could have longer reach like Titan (100% of Giant could attack slot 3). This could mean that some melee monster could hit slot 3, even if no Paladin is in slot 3.

If all monster can hit slot 3 when a paladin is there, remember the paladin has lower AC than a samurai and kill monster more slowly than a samurai(no instant kill skill), so it probably best to not have a lesser fighter opening the slot 3 to all monster.

But just allowing some melee monster to attack back slot 3, than the paladin has a perk, and his lower AC is not too bad since just a % of melee can reach him.

So to recap the idea all humanoid monster would have 15% to carry a Polearm (there for be able to hit slot 3), and Giant would have 100% chance to be able to hit slot 3 due to their natural reach. This could be only if their his a Paladin in slot 3, or for a deadlier harder game even if no Paladin is in slot 3.
This could be a new option in the config of the game, to open slot 3 to enemy monster even if no paladin in slot 3. Off course when you have a Paladin with long reach weapon in slot 3, than monster can fight back in slot 3 ( this could not be turned off in the config option).

P.S
I just though of one really special benefit for the paladin class, what if they were immune to the lv drain attack of the undead ? The Paladin is suppose to be very good vs the undead. Now that would be a reason to have one instead of a samurai. It could be an aura of lv drain protection, that also protect the adjacent slot, like if a paladin is in slot 1, than slot 2 is also protected, if a paladin is in slot 2 than slot 1 and slot 3 would also be protected of level drain.
John Gaby
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:57:26 AM

Medals:

The way it works now is that only the first two players AND the first 2 monsters can use a melee attack. To keep it simple, I was just thinking that if there were a Paladin in the 3rd slot, then 3 players AND 3 monsters could attack. That seems quite fair.

As for the protection against level drain, I don't like that idea at all. I like that there are monsters that strike fear into the heart of the party. Level drain is more worrisome than even death (which can be easily cured). When you see those Vampires standing in the first slot of the enemy party, you NEED to be thinking, 'oh crap, how can I take these guys out before they get a chance to swing'.
tg122
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:06:49 PM

Medals:

One small way to beef up Paladins (in addition to other ways) would be to lower the minimum required stats to roll a Paladin. I find that Paladin's are extremely difficult to roll for most races and often times you have to settle for mediocre rolls just because Paladins are so difficult to roll. The other day I was rolling a Dwarf that would have made such an awesome Paladin except for the fact that his leadership was only 16 instead of 17 (couldn't get the peasant to gain 1 leadership either). If the starting requirements were relaxed, you could create higher quality Paladins by assigning better rolls to them, rather than having to settle for a mediocre roll.

Also, maybe this would mess up the early/mid game balance due to their fast levelling, but I think Fighters could be beefed up little more too. The fact that they can't use magic is a serious negative, but shouldn't they make up for it with fighting ability? What if fighters got a slightly higher chance of increasing combat stats every time they gained a level, so by later in the game, you could easily end up with Fighters who's basic battle statistics (Str, Dex, and Con) can be extremely high. Another suggestion might be to give higher level fighters a chance to get an extra swing each time they attack (25% chance to get 3 attacks instead of 2), where the chance would increase the higher the level.

I like to use a good mix of different character types, but sometimes I feel like the game is set up to push you too much towards a forumualic path to victory due to the fact that certain character types are so powerful. It may be nice to have to make more tradeoffs rather than just gravitating towards all powerful Samurais and Rangers.
John Gaby
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:27:35 PM

Medals:

I want to clarify one thing. I am not trying to 'balance' all the classes (like many games try and do). Yes, fighters are inferior to other classes, but they are really meant to be one of your 'starter' characters. You start with fighters, clerics, and mages until you have a high enough party to generate enough gold to move on to your more advanced characters. Honestly, no matter what I did to improve a fighter, he would never hold a candle compared to a high level Samurai.