Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
My impressions so far...
shinami
#1 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 5:58:16 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I found your app in the droid market and after playing it almost none-stop for 4 days, I figured a bit of feedback was in order. So, here are the first things I've noticed over the last few days.

1.Secret Rooms are fun to hunt down!
I would say that Secret Rooms on the 1st level are where the majority of my +'d gear originally came from. After my party was lv8-10 and I found Magkhan's Gem(Find Treasure 1-3), I braved the 2nd floor and started hunting for Secret Rooms there. After a few Rooms, my party's average level increased quite a bit. :o Did I mention that Secret Rooms can be VERY lucrative for making gold by selling the item dropped by the Secret Room?

2.Elves make a good learner's race for me. ^.^;
They don't die of old age so I can be cautious with my elven party consisting of 1 Samurai, 1 Peasant, 1 Hirebrand, 2 Mages, and 1 Cleric. The peasant will be my first Ranger when she gains 1 more LDR/CON. This gives me a good idea of when to go down another level in the dungeon with my other characters that can die from old age. >.>

3.I've spent countless hours playing Dungeons of the Unforgiven, Dungeon Crawl(original and otherwise), and now I can add Oubliette to that list. I've have played for 22 hours and I've only seen the first two floors. While I am still trying to get my bearings with the teleporters on the 2nd floor, the map has made it a lot easier than I thought it would. I love dungeon crawling. :) The sad thing is that I have YET to survive a game of Dungeon Crawl. >.>

4.Dexterity is retardedly important. >.> My Samurai started as a peasant and she had 31 DEX at lv14. She almost single-handedly cleared all of the rooms on the 1st floor. Give a Mace +2 to a peasant with high DEX. You got a peasant who just became your new glass cannon. I really want to start hunting for weapons with +3's on them. ^.^

5.The only characters who can melee are the two characters at the top of the party list? This actually gives me an idea of how "roomy" the halls of the dungeon are. I would estimate they're wide enough for 3 people to form a front line but doing so would hinder the caster's spells?

6.The random item in the shop is Elven Armor? It has 15 AC? O_O; Only 80k gold to go~! Hmm...I wonder...will the random item become something else after I buy the Elven Armor?

7.The "Reroll" button is my friend. :) The only thing that doesn't make sense is when I roll a stat that exceeds that race's "maximum" for said stat. I.E. An Elf that was rolled by the system with 20+ CON or STR. I have little idea as to how and why this happens. I'm guessing every once in a while a member of a race exceeds the "usual limitations" of
said race?

And there you have it. My first impressions. ^.^
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 8:21:51 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for your feedback.

shinami wrote:
1.Secret Rooms are fun to hunt down!

Yes indeed. The first version did not have them, but people complained that there were no goals. The special rooms provide some limited goals for each level, with some nice rewards. The special room on level 11 also provides you with a 'final battle' with a battle dynamic that is not seen anywhere else in the game.

shinami wrote:
2.Elves make a good learner's race for me. ^.^;

The downside of Elves is that they do not level as fast as other races. I personally don't have the patience for them. My favorite race is Kobold!

shinami wrote:
4.Dexterity is retardedly important.

Yes, I am afraid that is true, and the Samurai is, without a doubt, the best melee character in the game. If I had it to do over, I would tone them down a bit, and perhaps have some other incentives for running other melee characters such as the Paladin.

shinami wrote:
5.The only characters who can melee are the two characters at the top of the party list?

This is correct, and trust me when I say that that rule is for your protection. If everyone in the party could fight, then to be fair, all of the monsters would need to enjoy the same privilege. Also all of your characters would be subject to melee damage and you NEED to have your Mages be able to hide behind your fighters (i.e. meat shields) in order to survivie.

shinami wrote:
6.The random item in the shop is Elven Armor?

You are quite fortunate to find that in the shop, as it is normally only found on levels 10 and 11. I hate to tell you this, but it will not remain in the shop forever, so if you don't buy it soon, it may very well disappear.

shinami wrote:
7.The "Reroll" button is my friend. :) The only thing that doesn't make sense is when I roll a stat that exceeds that race's "maximum" for said stat.

When rolling, if you get a 'perfect roll' (i.e. all 6s) then you get an extra die. There are also bonuses and penalties based on the gender of the character that can change those maximums.