Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
requests for game additions
marlin
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 5:55:10 PM

Medals:

Groups: Tester, Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
If there are not any deaging potions/items in the game it would be a great addition. Either a potion that removed a random number of months from your age like 6 months to 5 years. Weighted averaged so the 5 year almost never happened but usually you deaged about 15 to 20 months. Or a ring that reduced the aging cost in the inn. The ring would be bound to a single char so someone couldn't just pass it along to all his chars and use the inn one char at a time.

The other idea is to bring back polymorph traps/potions (if they aren't already in the game).
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 2:30:17 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
marlin wrote:

The other idea is to bring back polymorph traps/potions (if they aren't already in the game).

The polymorph feature of the original game was kind of a joke. Anyway, it entailed the risk of permanent death, and without that risk, I don't think it would be a good idea.
Lao Tzu
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 11:12:24 PM

Medals:

Groups: Tester, Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi John,

I've really enjoyed playing the game. Most of my characters are over level 50 now and while I'm still enjoying the game the only challenge left other than starting over is searching for the elusive rare magic items and hunting Titans. I'm still searching for a dwarven hammer.

I was wondering if you would consider adding a level 11 to the end game? It could be done by adding a teleport or stair to the hidden area of level 10 or it could be reached by acquiring a "Staff of the Underworld" allowing you to reach Level 11, of course it would be a rare magic drop. Level 11 could have "Greater" versions of all the level 10 monsters with 20 additional levels. For example a "Greater Titan, Level 80" and also more monsters could appear in each group.

Just a thought, can't wait for the next update and keep up the good work with the educational games.
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:04:44 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
We could add another level, but I think that we also need to think about ways of making the lower levels more challenging. Some ideas that we have are:

1) Face up to 5 monster groups instead of 3.

2) Lower the power of the controlled fireball. We were thinking that maybe it would hit the first group with full power, and then each subsequent group reduced somewhat. Also, perhaps, make some monsters that are totally immune to fireball.

3) Increase some of the monsters armor class, making them harder to hit. Currently the best armor class for a monster is -15 (which was an artifact of the original PC game), but we could make them much lower

4) Allow the monsters to sometimes get the first swing (although this could be pretty deadly).

We could potentially add additional magic items that could be used to counter some of these things.

What do you think? Do you have any other ideas?