Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Mithryl Mail and Wizard's Staff?
Chilkoot
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 10:20:50 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I've been trolling around level 10 for days, and haven't seen either of these. I've landed a butt-ton of Elven Armor and Dagger of Ligne drops, even a few Mithryl Shields but neither of these two amazing pieces.

So I guess I'm asking if the Mithryl Mail and Wizard's Staff are in this port of the game or did they not make the cut? It could well be just low drop rates and/or bad luck on my part.

Oh, also, I've seen at least a half dozen of each stat-increasing item drop *except* Str and Dex. Again, is this just random number generation or were they yanked from this release?

Thanks!
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 12:34:07 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
They are in the game, but they are level 12 treasure. Now you may think, what the heck, there is no level 12. While that is correct, that there is no physical level 12, there are level 12 encounters. On each level, it is possible to generate an encounter 2 levels above the level you are on. This is still true for level 10. So you need to get a level 12 encounter to get those items, and level 12 encounters are more rare. Note, however that the Mithryl shield is also a level 12 treasure, so you are getting those types of encounters.