Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
I must have missed something
andyf
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:56:40 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi, New to the group, but have been playing for a month or so on a kindle.

I must be missing something in terms of how to do a few things:
* is the a trick to making a RANGER? I can make mostvl other characters but not them.
* how do I get to level 11?
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:08:55 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
andyf wrote:

* is the a trick to making a RANGER? I can make mostvl other characters but not them.

There is no real trick, just a lot of patience. (Note that if you are not using version 2.x then you must be Human to be a Ranger). One trick that you can use is that if you can roll a character that almost meets the stats, you can choose to be a Peasant and run your character up a few levels. Each time you make a level you have a chance to increase one or more of your stats, so it is possible to level the Peasant to the point where he can become a Ranger. Note, however, that the higher the level of the character when joining a guild, the more likely it is that the character will die in the process (of course if you use a portal gem...) and you will reach a point where it is no longer possible.

andyf wrote:
* how do I get to level 11?

Well that is a mystery isn't it. You will not get the answer from me here, but if you really cannot figure it out, send me an email at oubliette@gabysoft.com and I would be happy to give you some hints.
Cowboy
#3 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 7:05:48 AM

Medals:

I am now seriously regretting getting to level 11, 10 dead adventurers, all double levelled before being finished off

holy poop that was nasty
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 7:35:07 AM

Medals:

Cowboy wrote:
I am now seriously regretting getting to level 11, 10 dead adventurers, all double levelled before being finished off

holy poop that was nasty

Yes, it was meant to be difficult, but it is quite doable (as you can see by looking at the Hall Of Fame).
Cowboy
#5 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 8:17:13 AM

Medals:

Think I might be underlevelled for it, and need to find the best method of killing that thing before he summons another one
John Gaby
#6 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 2:31:58 PM

Medals:

What characters did you have and what were their levels?
Cowboy
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 10:20:06 AM

Medals:

As an old fashioned grinder I have built the "perfect" party, 2 samurai and 8 rangers, all elves. The only problem I have is that one of the samurai is getting about 7.5 hits per level and is thus a little squishy for explosive traps and the like. The samurai were both about 60 and the rangers about 40 except for one about 34. I have now gone back to level 10 to hunt titans, when I find them I stop my samurai from hitting them so I can level my rangers with magic. It's giving me decent levels before I run out of firestorms and I'm now up to over 60 of those. I also try every now and then to roll a new samurai with good starting con but no joy so far. I need to find a spell that hits the big nasty hard, or maybe just more levels will make it harder for him to resist...
John Gaby
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 6:03:05 PM

Medals:

That party sounds plenty powerful enough. I have beaten level 11 with a party of characters around level 40 (2 Samurai, 3 Priests, 3 Mages and a Thief, if I recall correctly). Of course, I knew exactly what to expect and how the final battle will play out. It does not surprise me that your first attempt ended in failure as the battle dynamic for the final battle does not appear anywhere else in the game. You also need the right equipment.
Cowboy
#9 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 1:34:13 AM

Medals:

The only thing I would say to that is that your magic power would have been far in excess of mine at the expense of lower hits. My problem was that I didn't even manage to kill him before he summoned another one... not nice facing two of them
John Gaby
#10 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2012 8:03:43 AM

Medals:

I did have Mages rather than Rangers so they might have had more spells, but probably not since your Rangers were higher level. But as I said, I know how the dynamic of the final battle works, and you obviously still have things to figure out. One tip that I can give is to make sure all of your spells for all of your characters are restored before you enter the final battle. Also have at least one Wizard ring equipped so that you can use it during the battle. And there are also certain items that you can find in the secret rooms that MAY not be essential, but are pretty handy.
Cowboy
#11 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 7:32:35 AM

Medals:

Having now won twice I can honestly say I was more than powerful enough to do it the first time. It's all down to how you manage the battle
John Gaby
#12 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:00:37 AM

Medals:

Cowboy wrote:
Having now won twice I can honestly say I was more than powerful enough to do it the first time. It's all down to how you manage the battle

Yes, once you know what to expect, it is not that difficult. I can see your first time wondering 'is this even possible', however.