Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Spoiler alert... Questions inside.
Hellion7776
#1 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 10:13:15 PM

Medals:

Groups: Tester, Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I dont know how to ask this question in a method other than this...
MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD!!!
Still here... good...
The final fight, I have found a few problems that I wonder are ment to happen or are bugs...
1) (seemingly) Random chance to get a second boss summoned in that renders the fight unwinable. I am not sure if there is a mechanic that I can't see that causes this or if it is a bug.
2) Chance for HORRIBLE loot drop from the best fight possible in the game. I spent 1.5 hours clearing everything on the floor and get to the boss last, only to get an EXTREMELY low loot drop. Is that an intended feature or a loot code problem.

Both of these happened in 2.0 (i think), I stepped away from the forums a while and didnt see the update until this weekend.
Playing on a AT&T Samsung Infuse (SAMSUNG-SGH-I997) Firmware 2.2.1
(V 2.2g) Dwarf, Human, Gnoll, Hobbit and Elf Rangers all created
200 hours and loving every minute of it !!!
Cowboy
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:36:25 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

1) I had the same happen the first time I faced him, I think there is a small chance of it happening. It doesn't make it unwinnable, just really hard

2) I think all loot is random but with different chances for different level stuff, I have found great items on level 20 monsters and plenty of garbage on titans and the like. Obviously overall the higher level guys will drop on average better stuff
Hellion7776
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:29:32 AM

Medals:

Cowboy wrote:
1) I had the same happen the first time I faced him, I think there is a small chance of it happening. It doesn't make it unwinnable, just really hard

When I fought the twins, they became invulnerable... melee or spells cause no damage at all. My Samurai were both hitting for double or quad and the damage was blank.

Cowboy wrote:
2) I think all loot is random but with different chances for different level stuff, I have found great items on level 20 monsters and plenty of garbage on titans and the like. Obviously overall the higher level guys will drop on average better stuff

I understand bad rolls on loot, but a Gem on Minabor off the ending boss? Seems like that needs to be tweeked in some way, IMO.
Either way, I am taking a trip down right now (break from leveling some lowbies) and I'll see if it happens again.
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:06:47 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have had reports about a second boss monster showing up during the fight, but I looked at the code and, for the life of me, cannot see how that could happen. I will take a second look.

The way the special room treasures work is that it first tries to pick from the table of 'Special Items'. But since you can have only one each of a special item in your possession at a time, if you 'roll' and item that you already have, it will pick from the normal treasure tables which can sometimes yield disappointing results. The first time you beat the special room, however, you SHOULD be guaranteed to get one of the level 11 special items. Once you have collected all the special items, you will not longer find any unless you lose one.
Hellion7776
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:04:38 PM

Medals:

That sounds reasonable... but I should'nt be that full yet. I will try again and if the loot is bad, I will check my inventory again. Thanks John!
John Gaby
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:17:08 PM

Medals:

Note that you don't have to have found all the items to start getting normal treasure. Let's say that there are 5 special items. The first time you hit the room you have a 5/5 chance of getting one of the items (i.e. 100%). The next time, you only have a 4/5 chance. After you have found 2 special items, your chance of getting the next one drops to 3/5, and so on.
Hellion7776
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:53:55 PM

Medals:

(Version 2.2)
Just took a couple trips to the boss to say hi, and sat for what seemed to be 10 minutes soaking up damage and just killing the summons. No problems with a second boss showing up. I did notice that he did stop summoning after a few minutes, I assume that is part of the encounter. Again another subpar item, but I did notice that you can use "Fall Back" effectivly so that was a plus (seems only possible if a summon is up). Loot continues to be bad. Hope this is just my bad luck.

ps. also seems that if you just drop the treasure instead of looting it, you get left on floor 11.
John Gaby
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:57:20 AM

Medals:

Hellion7776 wrote:
I did notice that he did stop summoning after a few minutes, I assume that is part of the encounter.

Yes that is the way it is supposed to work. If he didn't quit summoning, it would be very difficult (possibly impossible) to win.

Hellion7776 wrote:
Again another subpar item, but I did notice that you can use "Fall Back" effectivly so that was a plus (seems only possible if a summon is up). Loot continues to be bad. Hope this is just my bad luck.

How many special items have you already found? I will take another look at the code, perhaps there is a bug there.

Hellion7776 wrote:
ps. also seems that if you just drop the treasure instead of looting it, you get left on floor 11.

Yes, that is a bug.
Hellion7776
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:00:21 PM

Medals:

John Gaby wrote:

Yes that is the way it is supposed to work. If he didn't quit summoning, it would be very difficult (possibly impossible) to win.

It's not impossible. *wink*
As always, thanks for all the answers John. You never disappoint!