Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Team Chemistry
Paladin000
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:34:30 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
My team currently consists of 1 samurai and 6 rangers. My second samurai is in training. I think that my best bet is 3 samurai and 7 ranger, but I feel bad leaving out the equipment buff a paladin would provide or the magic of a mage. What do you think is the best comconation?

Thanks, Paladin.
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:53:24 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Personally, I use 2 Samurai, 2-3 Priests 2-3 Mages and a Thief (I don't use Rangers because the are hard to roll and hard to level and I don't have the time). I am probably not the best player, however, so others might weigh in with better suggestions.
Paladin000
#3 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 6:16:43 AM

Medals:

I am thinking of using a lead paladin backed by two samurai, just for the equipment buff and the extra healing spells. The samurai would be good for STK, and if one died I would bring in the other samurai. The other seven spots could be rangers for the cleric/magic and there good fighting and varied equipment. One of the nuances about rangers is the low level gain, and I like to have my team be about the smae level as each other constantly.
face
#4 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 8:20:25 AM

Medals:

I'm using 3 samurai 6 rangers and 1 priest right now, however the priest and 1 Samurai will go whenever I get around to rolling 2 more rangers. 2 samurai 8 ranger seems to really be the optimum team. Either that or 10 rangers. Haven't tested whether you can pump out more damage with just using rangers in spot 1 and 2 and just casting spells with no auto attack vs using melee rangers. Ofcourse that only applies once your team of rangers have enough spells to cover a trip. I think rangers have more magic and priesr power than either pure class even if you don't count the other school. Reason being that my rangers tend to level faster than my priest does or mages did when I had them. Yes they do have less chance to level but having more spells gives them more opportunity to level. I found mages and priests ran dry of spells pretty quick. If you simply look at total spells of each level rangers do have many more and both types have powerful attacks for level 4-6 spells. So 3 firestorms and 1 holy word is almost as strong as 4 firestorms and rods and blade barrier are competitive or better than the mage ice storm and lighting storm. Plus I like having enough seek home spells in my party to never have to walk out. There really isn't one spot I think could be filled by a different class. Rangers have enough hp that if one samurai does die they can hold their own and the third samurai isn't nearly as powerful ranged as a ranger.

As I said this is all based on higher level optimum party ideas until 30+ mages and priests are still pretty useful they get more gigher level spells and get them earlier I believe, once your rangers get a few level 6 spellsthough the difference becomes very apparent.
MithrilCoat
#5 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 10:03:35 AM

Medals:

Paladin000 wrote:
I am thinking of using a lead paladin backed by two samurai, just for the equipment buff and the extra healing spells. The samurai would be good for STK, and if one died I would bring in the other samurai. The other seven spots could be rangers for the cleric/magic and there good fighting and varied equipment. One of the nuances about rangers is the low level gain, and I like to have my team be about the smae level as each other constantly.

I built a Halfling Paladin to lvl 52, stubbornly gutting it out, even when it was readily apparent that the character class was not up to snuff. I loved playing Ravers (chaotic Paladins) and Valkyries (Female Paladins) ITOG... and I just refused to believe that they would be so wimpy here. Well, I am here to say that my level 52 Dink, is a very good paperweight. IE looks nice, seems cool to have, but serves no real purpose.

My team is thus:

3 Kobold Sami's (in case one goes down)
2 Kobold Rangers
4 Kobold Mages

the last slot has been variously occupied by a Kobold Cleric ( I am not a believer) my aforementioned Halfling Dink (I am now a disbeliever) a third Kobold Ranger (meh!) and a 5th Kobold Mage (probably the best fit so far.) I have a high level thief, but really what is the point? Most of the boxes are a waste of time, and the sami's have plenty of fehtiers for the trapped ones. The team with the fifth mage has "won" the game without a single char lost. The team with the cleric in slot 10 "won" as well, but lost 3 in the process. To be totally fair, some of that is the learning curve of the player.

With the first nine, I have 3 fighter/boxers. Two more pseudo fighters. 5 sets of cleric spells. 6 sets of mage spells. To that I can add a cleric (who still levels up pretty well) a dink (who is hard to level but adds 1600 hit points worth of free touches to his cleric spells) a thief (that adds almost nothing) or a mage that adds a whole lot of killing power and levels well.

The biggest thing I can tell you is to run KOBOLDS. All Kobolds, all day, all the time.