Tag as favorite
Level 11
Paladin000
#1 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 7:39:49 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi all,

I have now developed and great team of sam. and rangers. And 1 paladin, still in training.

I am now making frequent runs on level ten, leveling off of titans and killing time lords.

As of now, I think I am ready for the boss, with a level 51 ranger and sam. The rest are all over level 30 or 40.

The only trouble is, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIND LEVEL ELEVEN.

I tried standing on the level ten staircase and teleporting down, I've checked the whole of level ten and combed levels 6,7,8, and 9, and so far no luck.

Any help?

Thanks, Paladin
MithrilCoat
#2 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 11:48:40 AM

Medals:

I don't want to give too much away... suffice it to say that you must hunt the Secret Room on level ten to find a special item that will show you the way to level eleven.

while your crew may suffice to best the final boss, I am not certain that you will have the party stamina to find that encounter. ie once you are on eleven, there is a lot of running to do to find the boss, and you use up a lot of spells. I have never left the level before finding the boss, but I assume if you do so, you must start over by hunting the SR on ten again. Perhaps someone else can weigh in here.... if you leave can you return? or do you have to begin again from scratch?
Paladin000
#3 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 2:19:14 PM

Medals:

Thanks, Mithril. I have tried to hunt for the secret room in 10, but haven't found it yet. Maybe there is a item to help? The secret room finding gems that I have found so far only extend to level six.

As to the stats, you're probably right. I'm getting by on mostly fieminamors, and narfiets. I normally run level 10 until i'm drained and then teleport back up with mohipto.

I'll keep looking.
Thanks, Paladin
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 3:45:18 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
MithrilCoat wrote:
Perhaps someone else can weigh in here.... if you leave can you return? or do you have to begin again from scratch?

Your suspicions are correct. If you are forced to withdraw from level 11, you will need to start over.
John Gaby
#5 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 3:49:22 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Paladin000 wrote:
Thanks, Mithril. I have tried to hunt for the secret room in 10, but haven't found it yet. Maybe there is a item to help? The secret room finding gems that I have found so far only extend to level six

There is an item that can be found on level 9 which will direct you to level 10 secret rooms. Note also that the location of the secret rooms do not change until you find them, so another way to find it is to keep track of where you have been on level 10 and search every square, even if it takes multiple trips.
MithrilCoat
#6 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 4:14:54 PM

Medals:

Paladin000 wrote:
Thanks, Mithril. I have tried to hunt for the secret room in 10, but haven't found it yet. Maybe there is a item to help? The secret room finding gems that I have found so far only extend to level six.

I suppose there is some way to use an item, but I have never done so. Try looking at it like this:

I am going to level 10 to put some levels on my crew.
I am going to start in this spot, and I am going to step on every space of every room and run every hallway space on the map unless it contains a pit, teleporter or stairs. When it is time to return to the city, I am going to mark down where I stopped, so when I return to building on level 10 I can start from that spot and continue on. Eventually, I will find the Secret Room, and most likely you will be given the needed item. Then when you get ready to try level 11, guess what??? You are going to do the same technique down there... because to find the big baddie-- he is hiding in the level 11 version of a secret room. huh.
Paladin000
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:14:58 AM

Medals:

Thanks, all.
I think I will start looking on level nine when I'm not gathering levels for that gem. As for the look at all squares strategy, I am working on that. The biggest problem that I have encountered so far is the pits. I only have one more Staff of Restoration and it's tedious to heal with priest spells. Plus, the map doesn't show all of the pits. I'll just have to do more running to figure out wear they are.

Thanks for the suggestions, Paladin
Paladin000
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:18:03 AM

Medals:

I just had another thought. If level 11 is one level deeper than 10, is the concentration of Titans and Time Lord bigger, so it's easier to level? Or is it the same as level ten?

Thanks, Paladin