Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Feature requests
Lewt
#1 Posted : Friday, September 3, 2010 1:57:51 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
After playing the game a bit, I have a few potential feature requests ... more to come on this topic, I am sure, but at the moment, there are a couple of features that would be very helpful...

1) Icon indicated +1 and +2 levels for the toon. Currently, an icon appears on the character icon when the character is capable of resting for +1 level. It would be very helpful if the icon changed in some way to discriminate if the toon is capable of obtaining +1 or +2 levels. Currently, I have to keep checking the toon info page to see if they are ready for 1 or 2 levels...

2) Individual gold, gold trading, and gold pooling. Not really sure how gold is managed today, but when a gold # appears, that # seems to be associated with the entire group. However, the gold may not be evenly distributed between the toons. If there was some method of moving golds between toons or pooling gold, that would be ideal (this is a rehash of someone elses post on a similar topic.

3) Roll a pally, roll a ranger... One of the game "features" in the character creation process is the "roll again" option. This can be a bit mind-numbing if one is trying to create a more elite class (pally or ranger). While I appreciate the uniqueness of these classes and that the character creation process adds to the uniqueness of these classes, i am going a bit nuts trying to roll a human paladin (for example). Perhaps there is some way to maintain the unique qualities of these classes, but also give the user the ability to say - i want to roll a human pally and have the "reroll" skip on the now pally options. Maybe there is an item that can be bought with gold or something along these lines, so the user has to earn this ability or pay for this ability per use...

Thanks much, great game...
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Friday, September 3, 2010 6:08:16 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Lewt wrote:

1) Icon indicated +1 and +2 levels for the toon. Currently, an icon appears on the character icon when the character is capable of resting for +1 level. It would be very helpful if the icon changed in some way to discriminate if the toon is capable of obtaining +1 or +2 levels. Currently, I have to keep checking the toon info page to see if they are ready for 1 or 2 levels...

Yes, it is a pain in the butt. This is fixed in the next version which is currently under review by Apple.

Lewt wrote:

2) Individual gold, gold trading, and gold pooling. Not really sure how gold is managed today, but when a gold # appears, that # seems to be associated with the entire group. However, the gold may not be evenly distributed between the toons. If there was some method of moving golds between toons or pooling gold, that would be ideal (this is a rehash of someone elses post on a similar topic.

This too was a problem and has been fixed in the next version where there will be one pot of gold for the entire game, and all your players will share.

Lewt wrote:

3) Roll a pally, roll a ranger... One of the game "features" in the character creation process is the "roll again" option. This can be a bit mind-numbing if one is trying to create a more elite class (pally or ranger). While I appreciate the uniqueness of these classes and that the character creation process adds to the uniqueness of these classes, i am going a bit nuts trying to roll a human paladin (for example). Perhaps there is some way to maintain the unique qualities of these classes, but also give the user the ability to say - i want to roll a human pally and have the "reroll" skip on the now pally options. Maybe there is an item that can be bought with gold or something along these lines, so the user has to earn this ability or pay for this ability per use...

We are open to suggestions here, but if you could simply choose any class, then everyone would be Rangers and Samurai.

Morkani
#3 Posted : Friday, September 3, 2010 10:48:46 PM

Medals:

John Gaby wrote:
Lewt wrote:

We are open to suggestions here, but if you could simply choose any class, then everyone would be Rangers and Samurai.

i personally like the fact that it's difficlt to roll certain classes.
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 4, 2010 6:44:57 AM

Medals:

I do as well. In fact, I would rather it be MORE difficult, not less. One idea that I had would be to make it cost a certain amount of gold for each roll. That would make it so that you would not really be able to roll a premium character until you had a party that could bring in a lot of gold (it would also give gold some meaning at the higher levels). But perhaps that would be too extreme?
Morkani
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 4, 2010 2:03:13 PM

Medals:

John Gaby wrote:
I do as well. In fact, I would rather it be MORE difficult, not less. One idea that I had would be to make it cost a certain amount of gold for each roll. That would make it so that you would not really be able to roll a premium character until you had a party that could bring in a lot of gold (it would also give gold some meaning at the higher levels). But perhaps that would be too extreme?

i like the idea except i'm now sitting on 50k, i've got all elves and they always sleep in the streets, (although i've only briefly explored lvl 3) i don't think there's much of anything that i can use up my gold on, i'm also a packrat, i've got about 15 peasant "mules" or "banks" holding onto my platemail/chainmail, scrolls/gems, and whatnot, if/when we can sell to the shop i anticipate even more money, or at least gear for if i ever decide to try to play a more conventional/diverse party. i'd love to find something to spend my gold on though, i do like the idea of it costing to roll toons. but i don't think it'll be enough of a gold sink for me.

John Gaby
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 4, 2010 2:15:55 PM

Medals:

I must admit that I am a bit of a pack rat also (I have a bunch of mules as well). I had been thinking about have a chest in the castle where you could store your extra stuff, but I guess that would just be feeding the disease.
Gio
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:37:44 AM

Medals:

Perhaps, in addition to rolling as normal, there could be a magic item of some sort sold in a new store or found in the dungeon that could change the class of your character. Could be interesting.. =)

Another idea may to have different guilds charge gold for attendance, or require a certain seemingly useless item. A rose found in the dungeon could allow a Hirebrand attend the Knights of the Rose guild. Just a couple of ideas bubbling up. =)

- Gio