Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Noob Questions
huangman
#1 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 11:22:59 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hello everyone. This is my first post, and even though I am new here, I've read through enough of everyone's collective wisdom to feel like I know everyone already!

Anyway, just a few questions:

1 - when is the game data "really" saved? i.e when is the changed data committed?

I've had several instances where my phone's "EasyTouch" app's function "Clear Memory" wipes out all game data, including different characters etc. I wonder when / if the game's RAM is saved permanently, so I can clear memory and make my phone more usable ~ Or I have to do a hard save (via temp stone) if I know I have to restart my phone or clear memory?

2 - Do peasants always gain stats when they level? I have a few RANGER candidates, only missing 2 or 3 stat points on 2 attributes, but after lvl'd to L7, still haven't seen much changed. Should I continue? I was afraid to hit the point where even "temporal stone" can't help my poor peasant graduate from the RANGER guild.

3 - Gem of Finding: find treasure 1, means it will only work on LVL 1?

4 - On the same note, I've found that I can create an temporal entry first, use Gem of Finding to locate the SR, then load from temporal entry, and the SR would still be the same. *Some* may believe it to be a cheat, I just would like to know more about the mechanism ~

Once again, thanks all. Still getting a hang of the game, but found tremendous fun (even though I am just on dungeon level 1~3).

Best Regards,
Huangman
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 7:11:32 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
huangman wrote:

1 - when is the game data "really" saved? i.e when is the changed data committed?

I've had several instances where my phone's "EasyTouch" app's function "Clear Memory" wipes out all game data, including different characters etc. I wonder when / if the game's RAM is saved permanently, so I can clear memory and make my phone more usable ~ Or I have to do a hard save (via temp stone) if I know I have to restart my phone or clear memory?

The game is saved at various points (e.g. at the end of a battle, when you change levels, when you exit the game). I am not sure what your 'Clear Memory' function is doing, but if it wipes out all the game data, then it must be deleting the local files for the app. When you do the 'Clear Memory' do your games saved via portal gems also disappear? If not, then I really have no idea what is going on.

huangman wrote:
2 - Do peasants always gain stats when they level? I have a few RANGER candidates, only missing 2 or 3 stat points on 2 attributes, but after lvl'd to L7, still haven't seen much changed. Should I continue? I was afraid to hit the point where even "temporal stone" can't help my poor peasant graduate from the RANGER guild.

Each time your character makes level, there is a chance for each of the stats to increase by one. This is random and sometimes you get more than one stat that increases, and sometimes you get none. Note that the higher level your character is when he tries to join a guild, the more likely it is that he will die (of course you can use portal gems to prevent that). Note also that there will come a point when you can no longer succeed at joining a guild (the level depends on the guild in question).

huangman wrote:
3 - Gem of Finding: find treasure 1, means it will only work on LVL 1?

Yes, but the secret rooms contain gems that will let you find the rooms on lower levels

huangman wrote:
4 - On the same note, I've found that I can create an temporal entry first, use Gem of Finding to locate the SR, then load from temporal entry, and the SR would still be the same. *Some* may believe it to be a cheat, I just would like to know more about the mechanism

Well any use of a portal gem is really a bit of a cheat, but I must admit that I do use them myself from time to time. The scenario that you describe is correct, but you should note that doing so will not only reset the location of the secret room, but all your progress since the last save.