Tag as favorite
requests: keyboard-friendly controls and overhead view
kotto7877
#1 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 9:43:10 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Tester

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi,

I bought an Epic 4G a couple of weeks ago and was very pleasantly surprised to stumble across this game in the Android market! I'm a fan of the DOS port of Oubliette from the early 80's; I didn't expect to find this game remade, especially when I searched for "DND" (thinking of the old DND port to a variety of platforms).

I have two suggestions for improving the game; please consider them for a future release:

1. Enable the use of a sliding keyboard, especially the arrow keys. It's frustrating to have to press the arrow buttons onscreen when my fingers itch to use the arrow keys on the Epic 4G for moving throughout the dungeon. Other keys would be useful (such as keys to issue orders during combat), but the arrow keys are what I really want.

2. Implement an overhead view that can be selected instead of the first-person view for those who want it. The DOS port had this (the ability to choose between first-person and overhead), and I always liked overhead more; made mapmaking more fun.

Thanks,
Kevin
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 6:35:41 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
kotto7877 wrote:

1. Enable the use of a sliding keyboard, especially the arrow keys. It's frustrating to have to press the arrow buttons onscreen when my fingers itch to use the arrow keys on the Epic 4G for moving throughout the dungeon. Other keys would be useful (such as keys to issue orders during combat), but the arrow keys are what I really want.

That is a good idea. Perhaps I can put in some shortcut keys to access the player, and monster lists, as well as the first few items of the commands menu.

kotto7877 wrote:

2. Implement an overhead view that can be selected instead of the first-person view for those who want it. The DOS port had this (the ability to choose between first-person and overhead), and I always liked overhead more; made mapmaking more fun.

I will take a look and see how difficult that might be.