Tag as favorite
A few more things for version 1.3
Lao Tzu
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 11:25:19 AM

Medals:

Groups: Tester, Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi John,

I was wondering if you could add the option of having a clock display on the screen. I spend a lot of time playing Oubliette when I have down time and sometimes I lose track of time.

I was also wondering if you'd consider a high contrast display option for use outdoors, at the beach for example. It might be the perfect opportunity to show us what the game looked like in the 70's on the original PLATO plasma display in black and orange.

Thanks, Anthony / Lao Tzu
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 3:48:44 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Lao Tzu wrote:
I was wondering if you could add the option of having a clock display on the screen. I spend a lot of time playing Oubliette when I have down time and sometimes I lose track of time.

Space is so tight on these devices, that I don't really see how I can afford to leave the status bar on. The next version will support the Android resume function, so that you will be able to pop out to the home screen and back in without losing a beat.

Lao Tzu wrote:
I was also wondering if you'd consider a high contrast display option for use outdoors, at the beach for example. It might be the perfect opportunity to show us what the game looked like in the 70's on the original PLATO plasma display in black and orange.

I too have tried to play it outside, and it is quite difficult. However, our focus right now is on improving the game play, and changing the graphics will just have to wait, I am afraid.
Lao Tzu
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2011 12:23:28 PM

Medals:

Groups: Tester, Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Thanks for the quick reply John, it was just a thought. I'm slowly learning just how tight "space" is when writing Apps for the Ipod and Android. Respectfully, Anthony / Lao Tzu