Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Status Conditions / Suggestions
scorpio7777
#1 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 6:42:25 AM

Medals:

Groups: Tester, Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Firstly, do status conditions ever wear off or do you only have the option to pay/use a spell to get rid of them.

Both of my main warrior types have been paralyzed and honestly I can't continue to pay 450 gold every time they get a negative status condition and my spellcasters just aren't high enough level to get rid of the conditions yet.

Any help?

And of course.. a few suggestions that I'm sure everyone here is bringing up, but I'll throw it at you anyway.

#1) Need to be able to sell items. Gold runs out WAY too fast. It just.. needs to happen lol
#2) Most Mage spells are .. bad. They kill off your own party members!? lolwut!? That makes no sense. Magic missile or any direct damage spells should scale as you grow in level, unless they already do and I just can't tell.
#3) Dual Wielding? That would be a fun thing to implement and it might balance out some of the classes that have terrible armor ratings (Ranger/Samurai).
#4) What could really help this game, especially when getting into deeper dungeon levels are something like "Tents" where you can rest your party while you're deep into the dungeon. This would act much like staying at an inn. Say, you could buy a Small Tent (Cheapest inn is 15 gold x20 uses = 300 gold). And of course you could have each kind of inn become a tent. That would negate the need to travel back to town as often.

I'm new to the game. I'm liking it so far, but it is very difficult to start out just like the old school versions. My samurai keeps getting whacked.. the problem is that this is going to turn a lot of people away from your game and that means less money. Personally, I'm not complaining, it's just something to think about. As it stands it's a little too difficult for the average person to enjoy.

Thanks!
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 7:50:49 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks for your feedback

scorpio7777 wrote:
Both of my main warrior types have been paralyzed and honestly I can't continue to pay 450 gold every time they get a negative status condition and my spellcasters just aren't high enough level to get rid of the conditions yet.

Any help?

No, they don't wear off. You need to build up some priests that have level 4 spells to take care of that problem.

scorpio7777 wrote:
#1) Need to be able to sell items. Gold runs out WAY too fast. It just.. needs to happen lol

The ability to sell items has been added to the next version. In addition, you will have an opportunity to purchase more than the basic items. We are also going to try and fix the problem with running out of gold at the beginning of the game.

scorpio7777 wrote:
#2) Most Mage spells are .. bad. They kill off your own party members!? lolwut!? That makes no sense. Magic missile or any direct damage spells should scale as you grow in level, unless they already do and I just can't tell.

I don't know if 'most' mage spells are bad, but there are a few, specifically fireball and lightning bolt which will be made more useful in the next version. The Magic Missile spell does scale with your level.

scorpio7777 wrote:
#3) Dual Wielding? That would be a fun thing to implement and it might balance out some of the classes that have terrible armor ratings (Ranger/Samurai).

This is probably not going to happen. Note that the Samurai are, without doubt, the most powerful characters in the game. A high level Samurai is unstoppable.

scorpio7777 wrote:
#4) What could really help this game, especially when getting into deeper dungeon levels are something like "Tents" where you can rest your party while you're deep into the dungeon. This would act much like staying at an inn. Say, you could buy a Small Tent (Cheapest inn is 15 gold x20 uses = 300 gold). And of course you could have each kind of inn become a tent. That would negate the need to travel back to town as often.

You really don't need this. Just bring along enough Priests (plus spell rejuvenation items), and you are set. I rarely run out of cure spells.

scorpio7777 wrote:
I'm new to the game. I'm liking it so far, but it is very difficult to start out just like the old school versions. My samurai keeps getting whacked.. the problem is that this is going to turn a lot of people away from your game and that means less money. Personally, I'm not complaining, it's just something to think about. As it stands it's a little too difficult for the average person to enjoy.

The game is harder than most (but WAY easier than the original). We are hoping to make the early experience a bit easier, without destroying the challenge. Many of the dungeon games that I have played are simply too easy. Getting high level characters in them is more a matter of patience than skill.

We hope to have the new version ready to test soon, but other work always seems to be taking precedence.
#3 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:12:35 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Thanks for the quick response! I purchased the full game and I'm having a much better go at it this time. 2 20th level Super Samurai! Heck yah!

Working on Rangers next. They are very annoying to roll.. but worth it.

Can't wait for the next version.
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 11:44:35 AM

Medals:

I'm glad you like it. If you would take the time to post a review in the store, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
#5 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 1:47:59 PM

Medals:

Groups:

John Gaby wrote:
I'm glad you like it. If you would take the time to post a review in the store, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

I will!

Anyway, do you know the general time frame of when the new version will be implemented?

I
John Gaby
#6 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 2:56:08 PM

Medals:

We hope to have a beta version that people can try within a week or so. If you would like to beta test this new version before it goes live, send me an email at oubliette@gabysoft.com, and I will add you to my list.

Thanks.