Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Save is gone
latogato
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2019 3:15:05 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Today i started the game but my save was gone. I had two user, now the default Adventurer is empty, every settings, even the number of the Game Entries are reseted, the other user - the one i used - is gone. As far as i aware of it, never happened anything suspicious, no crash or bug, etc. I played the game last time yesterday. I did nothing unusual on the android. Now i started the game few times, game entries increased as it should, also i created a character, it is still exists.

There are few things which could be related somehow:
- I played the Oubliette Lite before i bought the full game, i installed the full version and uninstalled the lite after it. This happened a week ago.
- I see no spiral staircases in the dungeons, but they work fine when i step on their square. I was not even aware they should be seen, i just read it in the other save related bug topic.
- google play games was updated 2 days ago, i'm not sure it is related to any way.

Is anything could be done to get back my save or there is a way to prevent this to happen in the future?
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2019 3:42:17 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am not really sure what happened but I doubt that the files can be recovered. I recently updated Oubliette but it is essentially the same version as before. I also tested it extensively and did not have the problem you describe. I will look into it, but without knowing exactly what happened, it will be difficult to fix.

Note that if you leave a comment from within the game, it will send your game file to my server. After that, it will be possible for me to set it so that you can restore your game from that file.

That is the best I have to offer at this time.
latogato
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 11:45:12 AM

Medals:

Thank you for your reply. Meanwhile i reinstalled the game so i can't send that save to you. But after one hour of new gameplay, my wanna-be-ranger elf peasant unfortunately died a second time. I sold some surplus weapons and armors, bought some new ones and after that i tried to revive him, but the game crash when i try to visit the house of healing. I sent the save with the ingame comment, i hope it will help.
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 8:09:03 PM

Medals:

I will take a look, thanks.
latogato
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:09:17 AM

Medals:

A little update. From curiosity i started parties, every parties consisted 5 created characters and 5 originals. I let the new ones die and the original ones took their bodies back to the house of healing. Around every third dead crashed the game in the HoH. I sent the the save file. I tried this on the Oubliette Lite version too, but that seems free from this bug.

John Gaby
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:23:04 AM

Medals:

Can you contact me at support@gabysoft.com. It will be easier to sort this out through email rather than through this forum.

Thanks.
John Gaby
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 12:22:38 PM

Medals:

Well I have a fix. Unfortunately, Google will not let me publish it without supplying a 64bit version which I am not in a position to do at this time. If you send me an email at support@gabysoft.com I can set you up with a link which will let you download it manually.
1 user thanked John Gaby for this useful post.
latogato on 8/18/2019