Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Couple ideas
Silence
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:11:52 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Currently there are certain race/class combos that allow quick character progression. ( kobold/mage , priest, ninja ). Which help cement more permanent race class combos. ( elf/samurai ). I was thinking if there where yet another plateau. Characters that even outperform the current 'permanent' classes. How this would be implimented and all the details would be up to someone with imagination.. which i lack . I could see even deeper dungeon levels etc... new classes, new races, new spells , levels 12-20 boss at 21... only accessible after certain requirements met... trade in your level 100 samurai for... like i said i lack imagination. Anyways, just a though.

Currently, a player has to 'submit' thier char into the Hall of Fame. I'm sure alot of players have not submitted thier chars for whatever reasons... I'd love if there was an option in a main menu to toggle on/off an 'auto-submit'. Basically, if 'on' each time a player with internet connection starts to play it could perform a check of thier chars and if a more recent version ( higher level toon ) is found it would be posted and updated in the Hall of Fame.

I think having this would spur competition ... oh his Samurai is 5 levels above mine... grrrr... The game itself is enjoyable but i think the Hall of Fame is a big part that would keep people playing .... everyone wants to be in the top 15 etc... thats why i mentioned in an earlier post it would be interesting to see player stats also.

John Gaby
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:25:35 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Silence wrote:
Currently, a player has to 'submit' thier char into the Hall of Fame. I'm sure alot of players have not submitted thier chars for whatever reasons... I'd love if there was an option in a main menu to toggle on/off an 'auto-submit'. Basically, if 'on' each time a player with internet connection starts to play it could perform a check of thier chars and if a more recent version ( higher level toon ) is found it would be posted and updated in the Hall of Fame.

This is not a bad idea. Currently it is a bit of a pain in the butt to submit your characters. I had been thinking to make that easier by being able to multiple select characters and submit them all at once, but this idea is actually better.
Mackey
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 1:50:14 PM

Medals:

Groups: Tester, Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Silence wrote:
The game itself is enjoyable but i think the Hall of Fame is a big part that would keep people playing

I was thinking along those lines, too. Competition is a good motivator. It could be better if there was a bit more to it as well, but I really don't know what sorts of things are being captured. Things like number of monsters killed/controlled/slept/etc by a given character would be kind of cool to see. Or total gems found (i.e., the kind that get converted into gold, not the "Use" kind.) Another thing that might have value is some sort of "interval" metrics. Someone who's new to the game won't rank on the Leader Board for a long time, but if there were monthly/weekly/daily(?) stats, then there's potential for anybody to rank. Maybe some room for brainstorming there. The more connected players can be to some sort of community, IMO, the better.
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 4:39:26 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
There is already weekly and monthly lists.