Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Samurai and swing to kill
Cowboy
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 12:26:42 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
In the Dos version of the game (AFAIK) the samurai had the advantage of swing to kill using the full number of swings for a weapon. On android (phone) this doesn't seem to be the case, is this by design?

Also has anyone noticed some of the buttons in the reorder party screen sometimes not showing? It happens most times I use the screen and has affected all the buttons on 1-3 rows
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:18:05 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
When the Samurai 'Swings to Kill', he can do double, quadruple, and total damage, with decreasing probability for each. As far as I know this works. This ability, coupled with a Samurai's natural armor class bonuses as he makes levels make a high level Samurai the best Melee character in the game, by far.

I have see the issue with the buttons on occasion, but have never been able to reproduce it in a manner that enabled me to figure out why it happens. If you can give me a reproducible scenario I will take a look.

Thanks.
alibumbali
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:20:00 PM

Medals:

Hello John,

here the Swing to Kill only works for one attack, too.
I fist installed the LITE Version, then the Full Version and deleted the LITE version, if this is some help.
System: Nexus 7 Tablet, Android 4.1.1

I love this game, many thanks.
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:43:29 PM

Medals:

alibumbali wrote:
Hello John,

here the Swing to Kill only works for one attack, too.
I fist installed the LITE Version, then the Full Version and deleted the LITE version, if this is some help.
System: Nexus 7 Tablet, Android 4.1.1

I love this game, many thanks.

I am not quite sure what you are asking. If you choose the 'Swing to Kill' option then you only get on swing that round, regardless of how many swings the weapon you are using has. However, you can choose to 'Swing to Kill' again on the next round. Does this answer your question?
alibumbali
#5 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 10:40:05 AM

Medals:

Cowboy wrote:
In the Dos version of the game (AFAIK) the samurai had the advantage of swing to kill using the full number of swings for a weapon. On android (phone) this doesn't seem to be the case, is this by design?

Hello John,

Sorry for not putting it right. I wanted to refer to the question of Cowboy. I meant: Is it correct that in the android version in contrast to the DOS version does only allow one attack per round when using swing-to-kill?

And thanks for the rapid answer. WOW :-)

alibumbali

John Gaby
#6 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 1:49:32 PM

Medals:

alibumbali wrote:

Sorry for not putting it right. I wanted to refer to the question of Cowboy. I meant: Is it correct that in the android version in contrast to the DOS version does only allow one attack per round when using swing-to-kill?

The DOS version did allow multiple swings, and, in fact, so did the very first Android version. However I felt that it simply gave too much power to the Samurai. Rest assured, even without the extra swing, a high level Samurai is still the best Melee fighter by far. There is no other class that even comes close.