Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Ranger
Silence
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 4:34:45 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

I rolled the min stats for a ranger .. Elf with stats of 18,18,18,16,17,19... Ranger was not in the selection list ?

I thought maybe min stats were changed so i leveled that char as a Peasant current stats are 21,25,21,21,21,20....still no choice for Ranger when i try to enter a guild...

is it bugged what am i doing wrong ? 9 other classes come up but not ranger ???
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 5:02:44 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Is your character human? If you are running version 1.x then you must be human to be a ranger. This restriction has been removed in version 2.0.
Silence
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 5:12:49 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Ok so the restriction has been removed ... but am i correct in saying ver 2.0 is not yet available ?

Side note i used to go as a kid to the University of Illinois and play on the plato system ...my uncle allowed my on the servers... fun times.... LOVE this game ...

my copy of Oubliette for the commodore 64 became corrupt .. I wrote a letter to you many mnay years ago... to my shock and awe ... YOU wrote me back a letter ( in fact a 3 page letter ) .... including a fresh copy and many kind words..... i was amazed you took the time to write me back and also u answered this topic question in literally 5 mins....

You sir are a person that is rare in todays world.....

I will support your products always... much love THANKYOU.

Im using IPHONE 4...
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:38:34 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I was one of the original authors of the PLATO version, but the Commodore 64 version was created by Jim Schwaiger who was the original creator of the PLATO version. He collaborated on the creation of this Mobile version (which is based on his PC version of the game), but only as an adviser (he is a MD now).

As for version 2.0, it is currently available only on the Barnes & Nobel Nook Color, but will be coming soon to the iOS (the new version supports tablets as well as phones). I expect to have a final beta version for the iOS soon and if you would like to test it, contact me at oubliette@gabysoft.com.