Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Hall of Fame or Leaderboard
Silence
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:44:32 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I'd really like to see more information other than just player name, race, class, age, & level.
How about stats, items equipped, gold. Would be cool to see how well developed the chars are.. ( hours played <-- not really a fan of this one ) but whatever....
Allow extra info 2 be shown by touching the characters icon.
I was looking at that hall o fame if memory serves me right... are there <Level 10's there etc. there should be a restriction stat wise or level wise to be allowed into the Hall of Fame.

You let this game get older and older that list might get HUGE. ( is that info stored server side or actually taking up space on user device ? )
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:17:40 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The list is stored server side and I don't collect all of that information. The only other piece of information that I store on the server is the characters gold, but since I changed it so that all characters share the same gold, that is no longer relevant.

I don't think we need any restrictions for posting your character. It only shows the top 25 or so characters with the attributes you select.

Now that you are mentioning it, I am trying to decide what to do about the Hall of Fame with version 2.0. Since it is more difficult at the lower levels I am wondering if we should separate the 1.x list from the 2.0 list. I was thinking that the 2.0 list would list only characters that were created in version 2.0. I could have an option in the settings which would allow you to see all characters or only 2.0 characters.

What do you think?
Silence
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 3:00:17 PM

Medals:

I think no one will play 1.2 once 2.0 comes out and everyone knows 1.2 had the spell bug... Noone will care about or respect accomplishment in 1.2. I would wipe the slate clean once 2.0 comes out. It will just be more fluff to click and tap thru if u leave 1.2 info there. Allow only 2.0 chars.
I still wanna see chars stats and items equipped, especially since there will be new items. By having more details it allows players to compete in many ways. Which keep players playing ? Whatever u think is best, just make sure players are able to submit there chars over and over as they progress.
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 3:21:13 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I agree that no one will continue to play 1.x (in fact once you update you will not be able to go back). However, they will keep their characters. The question is, after you update to 2.0 and submit a character that was created in 1.x and raised to level 99, should that character show up on the 2.0 list or be relegated to the 1.x list forever more.
Silence
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 3:37:07 PM

Medals:

I see the dilemma. Old toons still progressing in ver 2.0. Umm, might as well just allow them to be submitted. I suppose people are proud of their chars and I think some people would get offended if not allowed. I wouldn't show versions.
Hellion7776
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:19:31 AM

Medals:

Groups: Tester, Registered

John,
I see your point and it is a valid one. IMO your idea of separate leader boards would be the best option. I think It would be poor form to forget the people who came before... and might give them a new challenge, and bring them back again with 2.0 if they stepped away a little while. I understand some people have gotten bored with the lack of challenge the earlier versions brought.

Joey
Playing on a AT&T Samsung Infuse (SAMSUNG-SGH-I997) Firmware 2.2.1
(V 2.2g) Dwarf, Human, Gnoll, Hobbit and Elf Rangers all created
200 hours and loving every minute of it !!!
Silence
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2012 9:19:54 AM

Medals:

Posted my 3 toons in Hall of Fame can we brag how mighty and overpowered they are in the forum ... Oops, I just did .