Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Goodbye cruel world
Cowboy
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:25:24 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
So there I was, toddling around level 6 and finding it hard to level my characters. Then I thought to myself, level 7 can't be that much harder. I detected an explosive trap with my level 27 samurai, and went for it. 5 rangers and a level 20 mage dead on the floor, but thats ok, I have lots of characters with full raise, and the 5 rangers stood up with nary a scratch. Then came the mage, full raise failed, normal raise failed, RIP. He is buried somewhere down on level 7 with nothing but a bit of loose dirt to mark the spot. 48 hits and a 12 constitution just wasn't enough for the last survivor of my first party :(
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:59:06 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Nice tale! If that was your first trip to level 7, remember that a portal was created automatically that gives you a free 'do over'.
Cowboy
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:13:34 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Unfortunately I had popped down very briefly some time before and returned with my tail firmly between my legs but a full compliment of survivors.

My mage has been a panic button for me while I level rangers and samurai, useful to take out those oh s*** encounters on level 6 with drains all over the place. I haven't been able to roll a good 8th ranger so now I'm working on a kobold mage in the hope that level 30 is not too difficult to get to up to dungeon level 6.

I am loving the fear factor, I was beginning to think I was too cautious, apparently not. I am suddenly wondering also if a thief is survivable enough to go lower in the dungeon as the samurai seem to be failing chest disarms a little too often for my liking
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:21:51 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I always run with a thief. Samurai are just not good enough. Interestingly, I have never had to have my thieves fight. They always have been able to make enough levels by just disarming traps. That being said, I never try and disarm exploding boxes on the deepest levels (9-11), as they are just too dangerous. In those cases, I have my priests use their spell.