Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
How do I back this game up?
Mnone01
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 4, 2010 2:28:01 PM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I am going to get the new iPhone and I was wondering will all my save data be lost? Am I going to have to buy the dungeons again? Will I have to start from lvl 1 again? Etc... Also I found an axe in game that no class can use.. So it's just sitting in my inventory lol
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 4, 2010 3:53:34 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Well in theory, if you backup your iPhone in iTunes and then restore it to your new iPhone, it should transfer the data. I am going to experiment with it a little to see if that works. If it turns out that is not the case, I may have a way for you to save your characters independent of Apple. If you cannot get the data transferred, send me an email at oubliette@gabysoft.com, and I will see what I can do.

In any case, you will not need to pay for the levels again. Apple will let you install the purchased content (except consumables such as portal gems) on more than one device. You simply purchase the levels/maps again, and you will get the message that you have already purchased it and asking of you want to download it again for free. I believe that there is a limit to how many devices you can put the game on, but I am not sure what that limit is.
John Gaby
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 4, 2010 4:23:26 PM

Medals:

Here is the Apple link which discusses backup and restore. I tried out the procedure by backing up my iPod, deleting Oubliette, and then restoring, and Oubliette was back, along with all of my data. I believe that you can backup from one device and restore on a second, which is what I think you want.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 4, 2010 4:30:37 PM

Medals:

Guest wrote:
Also I found an axe in game that no class can use.. So it's just sitting in my inventory lol

Can I get you to submit a comment / bug from withing the game, so I can take a look at what might be going on with the axe?

Thanks
Mnone01
#5 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 9:51:07 AM

Medals:

Groups:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
So I tried to do the back up thing but I didn't want to do a full phone restore as my phone was acting buggy on some of the settings I had. I lost everything but that's ok I really look forward to leveling from ground zero to be honest! But I dot have the map add ons or the dungeon add ons anymore? Is there anyway to get this resolved without additional cost?
John Gaby
#6 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 10:23:24 AM

Medals:

Guest wrote:
So I tried to do the back up thing but I didn't want to do a full phone restore as my phone was acting buggy on some of the settings I had. I lost everything but that's ok I really look forward to leveling from ground zero to be honest! But I dot have the map add ons or the dungeon add ons anymore? Is there anyway to get this resolved without additional cost?

You should be able to purchase them again on your new device and if you use the same account it should tell you that you have already purchased them and that you can download them again for free. Note that this does not apply to portal gems because they are consumable.

If you cannot get it to work, send me an email at 'oubliette@gabysoft.com' and I will arrange for levels and maps to be unlocked.