Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Losing EVERYTHING
lama8805
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 4:35:26 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
This has happened so many times it is about to drive me away from the game. I am running around on level 10 when I finish an encounter and there is a chest. Problem is I do not get the option to choose who to inspect the chest ( screen shows the chest and nothing else ). Only option is to leave the game. I cannot just close the game I have to shut off my iPad. I turn the machine back on, start the game and... I have nothing. The start scene shows I have no games, no chars, no equipment, no other players I may have created, nothing. I can restore from a portal but even that is behaving odd. I have to show all to see the available portals. I am running on an iPad 2 w/ 16Gig of RAM. Up to date on the iOS version so... Has anyone else run into this problem? And is so, what did you have to do to "fix" it??
MithrilCoat
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 5:10:37 PM

Medals:

I have seen the first part of the error. It is always after a SR, and the treasure chest shows up, but everything else is locked out. You cannot select any of the chars, you cannot "left arrow" the box to leave it. I play on an Iphone, and when it happens, I double click the home button. I have never had to power down the entire device. I have never lost anything, except what is in the phantom box.

I feel your pain, hopefully john can help you.
John Gaby
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2013 10:01:44 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Others have reported losing their game data, but I have been unable to reproduce this. The problem must be that the game file is being corrupted when it is written out. Perhaps I need to put in a check that the file was written correctly before I commit it. I will think about what can be done.

In the mean time, I would be happy to give you more portal gems so that you can save more often. Also note that if you send me a comment from within the game, it will send your game file to my server. Once on my server it is possible for me to set up a download.

I have not had much time to work on the game lately, but I will try to investigate this issue.

Thanks for the report.
MithrilCoat
#4 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 11:16:42 PM

Medals:

I duplicated the phantom chest portion of this error tonite. I was on ten facing cardinals et al
Here is the transcript I was able to copy after the phantom box happened:

You have defeated the foes!
Avada Kadavra killed it.
AK - Quad: Spike killed it.
AK - Quad: Jet Li hit for 108 points.
Spike has taken 4 hits.
Spike has taken 2 hits.
Avada Kadavra casting GEIBOR...
Game Resumes
Game Paused
FIRE-BOLT iced it.
FIRE-BOLT iced it.
FIRE-BOLT casting NARFIET...
Game Resumes
Game Paused
AK - Quad: Spike killed it.
AK - Quad: Jet Li hit for 92 points.
Kemo Sabe iced it.
Kemo Sabe iced it.
Kemo Sabe iced it.
Kemo Sabe iced it.
Kemo Sabe iced it.
Kemo Sabe casting NARFIET...
You have encountered a group of monsters

It isn't readily apparent but at the end of the battle there was only one cardinal left standing when I tried to take him out with a geibor.
The Sami swung before the spell hit because my device sort of lagged. It was almost like it thought I had to chose a target for the geibor.
The the Samis swamy and the killed it. Then the geibor hit and it re killed it. Then the phantom box occurred

I tried sending this via comment but I was not getting the reply received notification

I hope this helps