Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Level Drain
Paladin000
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 1:31:26 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi guys, this is my first post so don't mind if I sound nai've. I have been playing Oubliette for a while, and have a great developing team of rangers/samurai. I was just wondering the best way around level drain monsters like the Succubus. They seem to hard to fight, and they use level drain right off. It seems pointless to lose all of those hard-earned levels to one dumb monster, especially with elven rangers. Should they belong in the game?

Thanks, Paladin.
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:48:13 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Paladin000 wrote:
Hi guys, this is my first post so don't mind if I sound nai've. I have been playing Oubliette for a while, and have a great developing team of rangers/samurai. I was just wondering the best way around level drain monsters like the Succubus. They seem to hard to fight, and they use level drain right off. It seems pointless to lose all of those hard-earned levels to one dumb monster, especially with elven rangers. Should they belong in the game?

You should NEVER go toe to toe with a drainer. At the beginning of the battle you can inspect the monster list. If you see a drainer, crank the game speed down to the slowest possible and then use your mages and priests to take out the drainers before they get a swing. A good mage spell is fireball, and a good priest spell is rods. If you do it right, you will never lose a level to drainers.
Paladin000
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:35:26 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Thanks, John. I'm trying to get my 34 level samurai to go up, and I thought I would chance a level six campout. I just didn't know how to handle the roaming Succubus, because they are housed on level ten. Plus, it was accompanied with Cockatrice. I learned my lesson with stone-throwers a while ago. After a temporal save, I would sometimes go down to level ten with my Staff of Glory, just to look for lev.11 and study the monsters. (Least favorite: Vampires.)