Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Paladin Buffs
Paladin000
#1 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 3:13:33 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I just sat down and read the wall of text in Mithrils simple game improvement idea #3. I know that was from long ago, but I noticed the part about the paladin. Despite their disadvantage compared to Rangers and Samurais, I think that they are the third best class on the game, with their clericals, touches, large equipment selection, and double blow. Despite their relative weakness to Rangers, they are my favorite class in the game for a cornerstone. I have one Paladin who is still i training, and he is coming along nicely, an I plan to use him as my lead character. What I wanted to point out was the obvious buffs that the Paladins are missing.

1. They could REALLY use few special Paladin spells exclusive to them. For starters, I think that they could have a cool three chance raise after, say level 75. They could also have a special summoning spell that summoned a Paladin-only Holy Fighter.

2. The only other major thing that I thought was valid was the pray options. I would be great to have a bunch of those for various bonuses form the Paladins gods.

3. I think that they should have some special spells that had a chance of permanent stat increase, hits increase, level increase, spell increase, or raise from R.I.P. THese spells would be very limited, have severe consequences if failed, and only available after level 100.

4. They also need A LOT more special Paladin equipment.

I hope you take this into consideration,

Thanks, Paladin
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 5:21:59 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You have some good ideas (I had suggested that they we might give them a limited ability to raise without possibility of failure). However, I am not really sure how much more effort I really want to put into this version. If I were to continue with Oubliette, what I would really like to do is create a multiplayer version like the original. Some of these ideas might be useful for that version. The biggest problem with creating a multiplayer version, however, is having a large enough user base so that it would be playable (it would be my intent to create a game that could NOT be played solo) and I am not really sure that there are enough fans of the game to support that.

Perhaps if people are interested I could create a forum where we could discuss what an online version might entail. Note that it's features would not necessarily be limited by what is in this version.
Paladin000
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 4:15:16 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I agree, Oubliette is one of the lesser known and played games/RPG today. Maybe if more content was added, interest might be gained (more monsters, levels, items, etc.)
But that might not affect anything considering most people today see it on the app store/android, and immediately assume it's a slasher game, and get put down when they miss the real point of the game. Still, more fans= Multiplayer Version?

Thanks for the feedback, Paladin

P.S: I finally got to level 11 and killed the boss. Got a potion of youth??? No idea what that does. Than you for the help with that.
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:28:57 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Paladin000 wrote:
P.S: I finally got to level 11 and killed the boss. Got a potion of youth??? No idea what that does. Than you for the help with that.

If you are running all Elves, then the potion will not be very useful. Otherwise it it might.