Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Advice needed
Marlowe1
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:22:16 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi All. This is my first post here having started to play a couple of months ago. Really enjoying the game by the way.
I would like a bit of advice from more experienced players if possible. I currently have plenty of characters between levels 15 and 25, probably enough for at least 2 full parties, but progress has slowed down. I am currently running around level 5 which is not posing too many challenges and suspect I need to go deeper, but how deep?
Does anyone have any suggested minimum character levels for the dungeon level below 5?
Also, I am not getting many portal gems. Should I be getting one every time I find a Secret Room? Or do I also need to go deeper for these?
Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.
Many thanks.
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:11:27 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If you are not facing any serious challenges, then you need to go deeper. If you are not making much progress, then you need to go deeper. If you are not finding many portal gems, then you need to go deeper. I myself have made it all the way to the end of level 11 with characters that were only in their mid 30's. As you go deeper, the main thing you need is mages who can throw level 6 spells, and enough Priests that can keep your party healed.

Also, if you are running all Elves, then you should expect your progress to be very slow. If you want characters that advance quickly, try Kobolds!
MithrilCoat
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:02:15 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
My experience indicated that one level is not seriously harder than the one above it. The game gives you a free portal when you take the stairs going down. Use it. If things go badly, restart from the free portal, and make some more levels before trying the lower level again. Staves and regen rings can extended your foraging time tremendously ... I used them extensively starting on level 7 or so, and pretty much pinned my crew with each trip.

The importance of what John said cannot be overstated. High exp races pretty much just suck. Roll some kobolds and you will be amazed how fast you build.

Others seem to like clerics ... I on the other hand did not find them particularly useful. I found that 3 Sami's, 3 Rangers, 4 Mages was the best party mix. That provides you with 6 sets of cleric spells and 7 sets of maage spells -- and the sami's can fehtier any trapped boxes you don't want to take a risk on.

Good luck