Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
So very close to a Dwarf Paladin..
Gio
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:36:37 AM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
So I've taken it upon myself to roll a dorf pally.. I've gotten achingly close, but no success so far.

This latest round of attempts leaves me with this fellow:

Male Dwarf

Hits: 8

STR: 21
INT: 10
WIS: 12
LDR: 17
CON: 19
DEX: 11

*sigh!*
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:52:59 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You do realize that if you roll a character that is close, you can choose a Peasant. Every time you make a level, you have a chance that one or more of your stats will increase. If you can raise the deficient stats, you can then join the guild. Note, however, that the higher your level, the more likely your character will die during training. Of course, if you use portal gems...
Gio
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 6:49:29 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
John Gaby wrote:
You do realize that if you roll a character that is close, you can choose a Peasant. Every time you make a level, you have a chance that one or more of your stats will increase. If you can raise the deficient stats, you can then join the guild. Note, however, that the higher your level, the more likely your character will die during training. Of course, if you use portal gems...

Ah, I didn't know how stat raising worked. Even so, that is a lot of 'ifs'; an unknown % to raise a stat, 1/6 chance of the right stat, assuming you were only 1 point away, and, of course, if the character survives training..

Portal Gems are rather 'meh' for me; I come from the roguelike world where death is permanent. Portal Gems would feel too much like 'save scumming' to me (to save scum: backing up save files in case you lose your character. It's a roguelike thing.. ^^ ).

In any case, I will likely try the Peasant route at some point; it might come in handy. =)

Oh, and I have managed to roll a Dwarf Paladin or two since I posted, so it's all good. =)

John Gaby
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:45:03 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Gio wrote:

Portal Gems are rather 'meh' for me; I come from the roguelike world where death is permanent. Portal Gems would feel too much like 'save scumming' to me (to save scum: backing up save files in case you lose your character. It's a roguelike thing.. ^^ ).

Ah, a purest, how refreshing. We felt that we needed to add the portal gems because people would simply not accept the permanent death. It is nice to see someone who is playing the game the way it was really intended.

Note, however, that Peasants make levels like crazy. Getting one started is sometimes tough, however, since they can start with just a few hits, and if you don't use portal gems, dieing is dangerous.