Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tag as favorite
Staff of Kill Party? Thanks but no thanks..
Gio
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2010 7:59:13 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
This is actually a question I've had since I found out my mages can wipe out my whole party and not actually dent the monsters..

Why is it that I get staves and spells that blast my party but not hurt the enemy? Is there some reason my mages are too dumb to not hit their friends with a fireball? I ask this late in the game because I use a staff of cloud kill in a pinch.. and it kills everyone but the main hirebrand who has like 30 hp left. And oh, it doesn't even hurt the monsters that I was trying to get in the first place. Not a dent. Is this a cruel hoax?

- Gio
John Gaby
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2010 9:55:16 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
What staff are you talking about? Is it the Staff of Itogeit? If so, that kills everything that is level 7 or lower, both monsters and party members. It is useful if everyone in your party is greater than level 7.
Gio
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 5:33:34 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
hahaha!!! That's the dastardly device indeed! When the survivors were finally wiped out (perhaps 8 encounters later) and I was returned to the town, I had my priest Grûin (lvl 13 Dwarf, and the only member of the starter party I didn't delete.. I did remove his items, though!) use Full Raise.. only two didn't make it. Rose, a promising Halfling priestess [lvl 8] and Gortuk, a strong Orc priest [lvl 9] and expert healer (a Light Heal scroll that didn't break until just before his death). Tragic, yet such is the way of things.

At least the monsters didn't loot the staff (they likely thought it was hilarious), so I believe revenge will be in order. Well, once I have a few new priests. =/

- Gio
John Gaby
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:19:35 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I wouldn't drop it. As I said, it can be quite useful as long as everyone in your party is greater than level 7.